Iggy Pop announce new tour dates and releases another song
At the age of 75, Iggy Pop recently announced a new album called “Every Loser” featuring some famous musicians like the Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith and the Guns N’ Roses bassist Duff McKagan.
The musician had already released the first single of the upcoming album called “Frenzy” and now revealed “Strung Out Johnny” that will also be on the new record. He also announced four concerts in the United States with an all star band featuring Chad Smith, Duff McKagan and Andrew Watt, the producer of his new album.
Besides those dates he also has shows scheduled for 2023 in Dominican Republic, Spain, United Kingdom, Ireland, Poland, Germany, France and Austria. On some of those dates he will be Red Hot Chili Peppers opening act.
Next tour dates
- 2 – Destination Chaos 2023 – Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
- 10 – The Salt Shed – Chicago, IL, US
April (Dates featuring the all star band with Chad, Duff and Watt)
- 20 – Los Angeles, CA The Regent Theater
- 22 – San Francisco, CA Masonic Theater
- 27 – Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Palladium
- 29 – Las Vegas, NV The Pearl
- 15 – 17 Azkena Rock Festival 2023Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain
- 21 -Warsaw, Poland – PGE Narodowy (As Red Hot Chili Peppers opening act)
- 26 – Mannheim, DE – Maimarktgelände (As Red Hot Chili Peppers opening act)
- 1 – Crystal Palace Park – London, UK
- 11 – Lyon, FR – Groupama Stadium (As Red Hot Chili Peppers opening act)
- 14 – Vienna, AT – Ernst-Happel Stadion (As Red Hot Chili Peppers opening act)
- 4 – Curraghmore House & Gardens – Portlaw, Ireland
Iggy Pop won’t stage-dive anymore
During a recent interview with NME that he won’t jump into the crowd anymore because he is too “rickety” for that nowadays.
“I’ve left the proscenium a few times if the crowds were too dull just to whip ’em up, but mostly I didn’t have to. I won’t do the dives again, I’ve managed to survive it mostly and I’m too rickety for that now,” Iggy Pop said.