The Led Zeppelin hit “Stairway To Heaven” from their fourth album “Led Zeppelin IV” released in 1971 is one of those songs that were so overplayed over the decades that many fans can’t stand to hear it anymore. The band’s vocalist Robert Plant is one of those people who tried to stay away from the track for a long time and it had been 16 years since he had performed the track live. Curiously, the last time was during the Led Zeppelin reunion in 2007, which had John Bonham’s son Jason as the drummer.
The singer performed the track during a charity benefit concert in Oxfordshire, England last October 21. The event was organized by Duran Duran’s Andy Taylor, who is battling stage 4 colon cancer. All the procceeds will benefit the cancer Awareness Trust.
The performance also had other Zeppelin tracks like “Thank You” and “Black Dog”. The band of that night was formed by Guy Pratt (Bass), Kenwyn House (Guitar) and David Palmer (Drums).
See Robert Plant performing “Stairway To Heaven” after 16 years
Besides Led Zeppelin, there were also songs by Duran Duran, Rod Stewart, Robert Palmer, Ella Henderson, Donovan and Buffallo Springfeled performed by many guest musicians.
Next tour dates
Robert Plant still has many scheduled tour dates in 2023 and will perform with the band Saving Grace across United Kingdom next November.
Saving Grace is formed by Suzi Dian (Vocals), Oll Jefferson (Percussion), Tony Kelsey (Guitar, mandolin, baritone) and Matt Worley (Banjo, acoustic, baritone guitars and cuatro).
- 1 – Brighton Dome – Brighton, UK
- 2 – G Live – Guildford, UK
- 5 – Symphony Hall – Birmingham, UK
- 7 – Bournemouth Pavilion – Bournemouth, UK
- 8 – David’s Hall – Cardiff, UK
- 11 – Lyric Theatre – The Lowry – Salford, UK
- 13 – New Theatre – Oxford, UK
- 16 – The Anvil – Basingstoke, UK
- 17 – Corn Exchange – Cambridge, UK
- 19 – Grimsby Auditorium – Grimsby, UK
- 20 – Sage Gateshead, Sage One – Gateshead, UK
- 22 – St George’s Hall – Bradford, UK
- 23 – Victoria Hall – Stoke-On-Trent, UK