The ex-Yes vocalist Jon Anderson announced the “Close To The Edge” 50th Anniversary tour that will celebrate the record released by the Progressive Rock group in 1972. The musician will tour across the United States in July and August. The Paul Green Rock Academy will be on the road with the singer.
His former band also has scheduled dates to celebrate the album’s anniversary this year.
Jon Anderson said about the “Close To The Edge” 50th Anniversary tour
“There are so many wonderful moments in my musical life, and being on stage with these young teenagers performing Classic Yes songs, makes me so happy and proud ….. It’s a marvel and a tremendous pleasure for me. They are a joy to be with and so much fun!!! I am grateful, thankful and feel very blessed to be able to sing along with them. Janee and I love them all. Love and light… Jon Anderson”
Jon Anderson “Close To The Edge” 50th Anniversary tour dates
- 7: Plymouth NH – The Flying Monkey Performing Arts Center
- 8: Beverly MA – The Cabot
- 13: Huntingdon NY – The Paramount
- 14: Montclair NJ – Wellmont Theater
- 16: Ridgefield CT – Ridgefield Playhouse
- 17: Sugar Loaf NY – Sugar Loaf Performing Arts Center
- 20: Glenside PA – Keswick Theatre
- 22: Kent OH – The Kent Stage
- 23: Des Plaines IL – Des Plaines Theatre
- 27: Greensburg PA – The Palace Theatre
- 30: Milwaukee WI – Pabst Theater
- 3: State College PA – The State Theatre
- 6: Albany NY – The Egg
What Jon said about the death of his formed bandmate Alan White last week:
“Dear Alan. My best man at my wedding to Janee in Maui 1997 We love you and will miss you. You were just the best of the best for Yes and wonderful soul… We wrote Turn of the Century together all those years ago, just one of so many wonderful times together… And now you’re in heaven ….resting after the long journey Home to meet your dear Mom…and Chris of course Blessings brother. We love you so Alan. Jon&Janee”, Jon Anderson said.