In 2008, former Motörhead guitarist Michael “Würzel” Burston formed the band Leader of Down alongside Tim Atkinson and the duo recorded dozens of songs together. Unfortunately, Burston passed away three years later without finishing the job. Now, the album titled Cascade Into Chaos will be released on September 28th by Cleopatra Records.
One of the tracks at work is “Paradise Turned Into Dust” featuring the lead vocals of Lemmy Kilmister, the late frontman of Motörhead. The song was finalized in 2015, shortly before Lemmy’s death on December 28 of that year.
“It’s a very strange feeling to see this album finally released,” says Atkinson, “It’s strange not to have Würzel here and I know he would be very happy with the result. It was a huge pleasure to write with him. ”
“We always wanted Lemmy to sing in ‘Paradise Turned Into Dust’ and the recording session with him was exciting. He wanted Würz to be there to see what was happening. It was amazing to have so many friends helping to finish the job.”
Cascade Into Chaos will also feature Fast Eddie Clarke, Phil Campbell, Cliff Evans (Tank), Bruce Foxton (The Jam), Whitfield Crane (Ugly Kid Joe) and Lee Richards (Godsmack).
01. Paradise Turned Into Dust (Lemmy on vocals, Tim Atkinson on additional bass)
02. Cascade Into Chaos
03. People Say I’m Crazy
04. Serial Killjoy (Bruce Foxton on additional bass with Tim Atkinson)
05. Children Of Disease (Whitfield Crane on vocals, Lee Richards and Whitfield Crane on backing vocals, Phil Campbell on second guitar solo)
06. Snakebite (“Fast” Eddie Clarke on all guitars and vocals)
07. Punch And Geordie
08. Feel Good (Cliff Evans on first guitar solo)
09. The Killing Rain (last song Würzel ever recorded)
10. Laugh At The Devil (Lemmy on vocals and all guitars by “Fast” Eddie Clarke)
I am a Brazilian journalist, a Classic Rock and Heavy Metal lover. Music has always been part of my life, helped me through tough moments and was with me to celebrate the good ones. When I became a journalist I knew I wanted to write about my passions. After college I did a postgraduate degree in digital communication. This has helped me to make the website better and bring the best of classic rock to the world! MTB: 0021377/MG