Genesis announces reunion after 13 years
The legendary progressive rock band Genesis announced their return after thirteen years since their last performance, held in 2007, according to Mirror UK. At first, it appears there will be concerts between November and December in the United Kingdom.
In the lineup that will take the stage are Phil Collins, Tony Banks and Mike Rutherford, the three 69-year-olds. Peter Gabriel, a year older, will not attend the meeting.
Genesis The Last Domino? 2020 Tour Dates
- 16 3Arena Dublin, Ireland
- 17 3Arena Dublin, Ireland
- 19 The SSE Arena Belfast, United Kingdom
- 23 M&S Bank Arena Liverpool, United Kingdom
- 24 M&S Bank Arena Liverpool, United Kingdom
- 26 Utilita Arena Newcastle, United Kingdom
- 27 Utilita Arena Newcastle, United Kingdom
- 29 O2 Arena London, United Kingdom
- 30 O2 Arena London, United Kingdom
- 2 First Direct Arena Leeds, United Kingdom
- 3 First Direct Arena Leeds, United Kingdom
- 5 Arena Birmingham Birmingham, United Kingdom
- 6 Arena Birmingham Birmingham, United Kingdom
- 8 Manchester Arena Manchester, United Kingdom
- 9 Manchester Arena Manchester, United Kingdom
- 11 The SSE Hydro Glasgow, United Kingdom
- 12 The SSE Hydro Glasgow, United Kingdom
In 2018, Phil said that a Genesis reunion would only be possible if his son, Nicholas Collins, could take the stage to help his father on the drums. Since due to an injury, Phil is unable to play the instrument alone during a whole show.
Mike Rutherford toured with Phil Collins in his solo shows last year with his band Mike and the Mechanics.
Genesis was a British progressive rock band formed in 1967. Was formed when Anthony Phillips, Peter Gabriel, Mike Rutherford and Tony Banks were still studying at Charterhouse School. The group achieved enormous success in the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s. With approximately 130 million albums sold worldwide, it is considered one of the most important rock bands of all time.
Their career has two different musical phases. In the initial phase with Peter Gabriel as the vocalist, its complex musical structures, elaborate instrumentation and theatrical performances. That made it one of the most revered bands of progressive rock in the 1970s. Classic creations of the band during this period include the 23-minute song “Supper’s Ready “from the 1972 Foxtrot album, in addition to the 1974 concept album The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway. With Peter’s departure in 1975 and being replaced on vocals by Phil Collins, in the late 70’s and from the 80’s, his music took a different path towards pop, making it more accessible for the music scene.