The legendary Rush co-founder, bassist, singer and keyboardist Geddy Lee will release next November 14 his autobiography called “My Effin Life”. To promote the book, the musician will make a spoken-word tour reading parts of the book, telling stories about his career and answering questions from the fans.
He had already revealed five dates that will happen next December in the United Kingdom, but now he announced 14 dates in Canada and United States.
Geddy Lee reveals first spoken-word tour dates for North America
- 13 – New York, NY – Beacon Theatre
- 15 – Philadelphia, PA – The Met Philadelphia
- 17 – National Harbor, MD – The Theater at MGM National Harbor
- 18 – Boston, MA – Orpheum Theatre presented by Citizens
- 19 – Cleveland, OH – State Theatre at Playhouse Square
- 21 – Montréal, QC – Théâtre Maisonneuve
- 23 – Vancouver, BC – The Centre in Vancouver
- 24 – Seattle, WA – Moore Theatre
- 26 – San Francisco, CA – The Masonic
- 28 – Los Angeles, CA – Orpheum Theatre
- 30 – Denver, CO – Paramount Theatre
- 3 – Chicago, IL – Auditorium Theatre
- 4 – Detroit, MI – The Fillmore Detroit
- 7 – Toronto, ON – Massey Hall
- 10 – Wolverhampton, The Civic at The Halls
- 13 – Sheffield, City Hall
- 14 – Glasgow, Royal Concert Hall
- 17 – Portsmouth, Guildhall
- 18 – London, Barbican
“Writing this book has meant spending so much time living in the past. I’ve never lived my life looking anywhere but forward, which is why I resisted doing this kind of thing for so long. Being in a band all those years was reassuring because it was an ongoing thing. It felt like it was forever.”
“There was always unfinished business: the next record, the next set design, the next tour. It’s been the theme of my life. But you need a lot more determination to proceed in the world of music without the comfort of your bandmates, and I can only hope that finishing this book will release me to return to what I do and love best,” Geddy Lee said.