Connect with us

Engineer says Stones and Beatles hated Led Zeppelin back then

Classic Rock

Engineer says Stones and Beatles hated Led Zeppelin back then

In the beginning of 2019 “Led Zeppelin I” engineer Glyn Johns talked about how The Rolling Stones singer Mick Jagger and The Beatles guitarist George Harrison didn’t liked Led Zeppelin back then. Both of them were Glyn clients and said Led sound was “awful”.


And now, Houston Press reports that author Chris Salewicz made similar claims in his new book “Jimmy Page: The Definitive Biography.”

He said:

“Page’s life began as a child guitar prodigy before he became a go-to session player while still attending high school. After flirting with – then joining – The Yardbirds, he watched that band disintegrate, but it laid the groundwork for the creation of the band he had always planned for – Led Zeppelin.

“And he, bassist John Paul Jones, singer Robert Plant, and drummer John Bonham (the last two he basically stumbled upon in concocting the lineup) would become the biggest band of the decade. One that to this day sells decades-old records with sales figures would be the envy of any contemporary rock band.

“As Salewicz writes, English Rock Gods Mick Jagger and George Harrison may have sniffed dismissively after hearing the band’s mixture of thundering hard rock and blues debut album, but record buyers and concertgoers worldwide heartily disagreed.

“And when they later demanded an unprecedented 90% of gross ticket sales at their shows – leaving only 10 percent for the local promoter – they got it.”

See more News

I'm a Brazilian journalist who always loved Classic Rock and Heavy Metal music. That passion inspired me to create Rock and Roll Garage over 6 years ago. Music has always been a part of my life, helping me through tough times and being a support to celebrate the good ones. When I became a journalist, I knew I wanted to write about my passions. After graduating in journalism from the Pontifical Catholic University of Minas Gerais, I pursued a postgraduate degree in digital communication at the same institution. The studies and experience in the field helped me improve the website and always bring the best of classic rock to the world! MTB: 0021377/MG

To Top