One of the biggest names in world music, Paul Simon made his farewell show on the night of Saturday (22). The last date of the Homeward Bound Farewell Tour was held at the Flushing Meadow Corona Park in New York.
With a setlist that revisited throughout his career, the composer remembered the successes in a night full of emotions. The park where the show happened is very close to where he spent part of his childhood.
Read he said:
“I could have come home by bicycle if I was a kid. Thanks to all of you for this tour, I had a lot of fun”
His setlist not only covered solo career successes but also his duo Simon & Garfunkel going through hits like “The Boxer” and “The Sound of Silence.”
Earlier in the year, he even talked about the decision to interrupt his career.
Read what he told NME:
“I love making music, my voice is still strong and my band is great, an extraordinary group of musicians. I think about music constantly. I always thought how I would feel when I got to the point where I would consider ending my career. Now I know: a little disturbing, a little stimulating and a little relief”.
See more videos and the setlist below:
- America (Simon & Garfunkel song)
- 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover
- The Boy in the Bubble
- Dazzling Blue
- That Was Your Mother
- Mother and Child Reunion
- Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard (with Edie Brickell)
- Rene and Georgette Magritte With Their Dog After the War (with yMusic)
- Can’t Run But (with yMusic)
- Bridge Over Troubled Water (Simon & Garfunkel song) (with yMusic)
- Spirit Voices
- The Obvious Child
- Questions for the Angels
- The Cool, Cool River
- Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes
- You Can Call Me Al
- Late in the Evening
- Still Crazy After All These Years
- Homeward Bound (Simon & Garfunkel song)
- The Boxer (Simon & Garfunkel song)
- American Tune
- The Sound of Silence (Simon & Garfunkel song)
See more News