Genesis adds more dates to their 2020 reunion tour
Genesis announced new dates for it’s reunion tour, entitled The Last Domino ?. Which takes place between November and December 2020. The British band added six more shows in Dublin, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle and Glasgow. There are now 17 presentations scheduled.
The tour will feature the classic Genesis lineup, featuring Phil Collins, Mike Rutherford and Tony Banks. In addition, they will be accompanied by Collins’ son Nicholas on drums. And also, Daryl Stuermer on guitar and bass.
All Genesis reunion 2020 tour dates
- 16 3Arena Dublin, Ireland
- 17 3Arena Dublin, Ireland
- 19 The SSE Arena Belfast, United Kingdom
- 23 M&S Bank Arena Liverpool, United Kingdom
- 24 M&S Bank Arena Liverpool, United Kingdom
- 26 Utilita Arena Newcastle, United Kingdom
- 27 Utilita Arena Newcastle, United Kingdom
- 29 O2 Arena London, United Kingdom
- 30 O2 Arena London, United Kingdom
- 2 First Direct Arena Leeds, United Kingdom
- 3 First Direct Arena Leeds, United Kingdom
- 5 Arena Birmingham Birmingham, United Kingdom
- 6 Arena Birmingham Birmingham, United Kingdom
- 8 Manchester Arena Manchester, United Kingdom
- 9 Manchester Arena Manchester, United Kingdom
- 11 The SSE Hydro Glasgow, United Kingdom
- 12 The SSE Hydro Glasgow, United Kingdom
In the announcement at BBC Radio 2, keyboardist Tony Banks revealed why Peter Gabriel wasn’t invited:
“Most of the songs people know came after his departure. Peter left the band 45 years ago. And he’s been trying to live it down ever since.”
About the setlist, they said:
“There are songs that you feel you have to play because the audience would feel cheated if you didn’t. There are a few old dogs that won’t be running.”
In 2018, Phil said that a Genesis reunion would only be possible if his son, Nicholas Collins, could take the stage to help his father on the drums. Since due to an injury, Phil is unable to play the instrument alone during a whole show.
Mike Rutherford toured with Phil Collins in his solo shows last year with his band Mike and the Mechanics.
Genesis was a British progressive rock band formed in 1967. Was formed when Anthony Phillips, Peter Gabriel, Mike Rutherford and Tony Banks were still studying at Charterhouse School. The group achieved enormous success in the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s. With approximately 130 million albums sold worldwide, it is considered one of the most important rock bands of all time.
However, their career has two different musical phases. In the initial phase with Peter Gabriel as the vocalist, its complex musical structures, elaborate instrumentation and theatrical performances.
That made them one of the most revered bands of progressive rock in the 1970s.
Possible Genesis 2020 Setlist
Since Genesis haven’t released any new songs after their reunion tour in 2007, the possible setlist of the band in this year’s tour will be similar. With many classics on the list like “Turn It On Again”, “Land of Confusion”, “Home by the Sea”, “Follow You Follow Me”, “Mama”, “Throwing It All Away”, “Invisible Touch” and “I Can’t Dance”.