Kiss’ bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons talked with The Pulse Of Radio about how it was to write songs with his music hero, Bob Dylan. All the fans were shocked when they saw that Simmons 2004’s “Asshole” boxset featured the Simmons/Dylan co-write “Waiting For The Morning Light”, which the pair wrote back in 1991.
The musician released a few months ago the collection “Gene Simmons – The Vault Experience: 1966-2016”, that celebrates his 50 years in music and closes with a 15-minute snippet of his songwriting session with Dylan.
The website asked how Simmons had the courage to attempt getting Bob Dylan to write with him.
Read what he said:
“Everybody buys lottery tickets. What are their chances of winning? Not much. So what? There is a chance you can win, and I’m like that. So I called his manager: ‘Can I speak with Bob?’ ‘What do you wanna talk to him about?’”
“’I… I wanna write a song with Bob.’ [Laughs] And all of a sudden within two days, an unmarked van shows up at my house and Bob gets out with an acoustic guitar in his hand, and tells his driver, ‘I’ll see you at the end of the day,’ comes up and we start strumming. I mean it was just like that.”
The Vault In the house
According to the official GeneSimmonsVault.com website, The Vault’s “in-house experience” includes the following items:
- – Host Gene at home: the fan can have up to 25 guests in 2 hours with Gene;
- – “Songs & Stories” play session and fan house questions and answers;
- – One of the first copies of the “Vault” (first 300);
- – Photo / video / autograph session with Gene;
- – Gene will hand over the limited edition custom box;
- – Vault pre-package: Signed Golden Ticket, T-shirt, download card (with “Are You Ready”) and a laminate – each guest will receive an exclusive T-shirt and a laminate.
Read more News
I am a 23 year-old brazilian journalist, a classic rock and heavy metal lover. Music has always been part of my life, helped me through tough moments and was with me to celebrate the good ones. When i became a journalist i knew i wanted to write about my passions. After college I did a postgraduate degree in digital communication. This has helped me to make the website better and bring the best of classic rock to the world!