U2 reported through its social networks that it will be back on the road in 2019 to a new world tour in the style of the shows where they played their 1987 album The Joshua Tree. In 2017, the Irish group celebrated the 30th anniversary of this iconic album with a tour with 51 shows in North America, Europe and Latin America. Now, U2 announces dates for Japan and Oceania, generating expectations for its new commitments.
“It only took me 30 years to learn how to sing these songs and it’s great to be able to say that I finally reached the band,” vocalist Bono said in a statement on the band’s website. “Our audience has given Joshua Tree a new life on this tour. Doing these shows has been very special for us, especially for revealing that some of the songs are current to this day,” he added.
New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Singapore & South Korea. #TheJoshuaTreeTour2019 #U2 #Auckland #Brisbane #Melbourne #Adelaide #Sydney #Perth #Singapore #Tokyo #Seoul
Posted by U2 on Friday, May 31, 2019
Bono’s friend opens the shows
Noel Gallagher is also confirmed as a guest artist for New Zealand and Australia dates. “The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 was one of the funniest we’ve ever had. It will be an honor and a pleasure to share the stage with our friends and companions once again,” said the former Oasis.
See U2 2019 tour dates:
- FRI NOV 8 2019 Auckland NZ Mt. Smart Stadium
- TUE NOV 12 2019 Brisbane, QLD AU Suncorp Stadium
- FRI NOV 15 2019 Melbourne AU Marvel Stadium
- TUE NOV 19 2019 Adelaide AU Adelaide Oval
- FRI NOV 22 2019 Sydney AU Sydney Cricket Ground
- WED NOV 27 2019 Perth AU Optus Stadium
- WED DEC 4 2019 Tokyo JP Saitama Super Arena
- THU DEC 5 2019 Tokyo JP Saitama Super Arena
- SUN DEC 8 2019 Seoul KR Gocheok Sky Dome
See more News