The Thrash Metal band Anthrax is back on tour in 2019 with a few dates until now, the tour starts in Australia and the last date is in Belgium.
See the tour dates below:
- THU 7 MARCH RiverstageBrisbane, QLD, Australia
- SAT 9 MARCH Download Sydney 2019Sydney, NSW, Australia
- MON 11 MARCH Download Festival 2019Melbourne, VIC, Australia
- WED 13 MARCH Adelaide Entertainment CentreAdelaide, SA, Australia
- FRI 15 MARCH Eventfinda stadiumAuckland, New Zealand
- SUN 17 MARCH Horncastle ArenaChristchurch, New Zealand
- THU 21 MARCH Unknown venueTokyo, Japan
- FRI 14 JUNE – SUN 16 JUNE Download Festival 2019Castle Donington, UK
- FRI 21 JUNE – SUN 23 JUNE Graspop 2019Dessel, Belgium
Anthrax is an American heavy metal band from New York City, formed in 1981 by rhythm guitarist Scott Ian and bassist Dan Lilker. The group is considered one of the leaders of the thrash metal scene from the 1980s and is one of the “Big Four” thrash metal bands with Metallica, Megadeth, and Slayer; Anthrax is the only one of the four from the East Coast, and often credited as one of the early thrash metal bands to emerge from there, along with Overkill and Nuclear Assault.
As of April 2017, the band has released 11 studio albums, several other albums, and 26 singles, including collaborating on a single with American hip hop group Public Enemy. According to Nielsen SoundScan, Anthrax sold 2.5 million records in the United States from 1991 to 2004, with worldwide sales of 10 million.
See more News
I am a 24 year-old brazilian journalist, a classic rock and heavy metal lover. Music has always been part of my life, helped me through tough moments and was with me to celebrate the good ones. When i became a journalist i knew i wanted to write about my passions. After college I did a postgraduate degree in digital communication. This has helped me to make the website better and bring the best of classic rock to the world! MTB: 0021377/MG