Genesis would reunite in 2020 after 13 years since the last time Phil Collins, Tony Banks and Mike Rutheford toured together. However, due to the Covid-19 pandemic the reunion was postponed to 2021. In addition, two extra concerts were announced.
The band said about “The Last Domino?” tour postponement:
“Genesis have re-scheduled their 2020 UK and Irish dates for April 2021 and are excited to announce two additional shows in Birmingham and London. ‘The Last Domino?’ Tour 2021 will now start in Glasgow on 1 April and will be @tony_banks_music, @officialphilcollins and Mike Rutherford’s first live outing together since the globe-trotting, sell-out ‘Turn It On Again: The Tour’ in 2007. They will be joined on stage by @nic_collins on drums, and the band’s long time lead guitar and bass player Daryl Stuermer. Existing tickets for the rescheduled dates will remain valid and ticket holders will be contacted by their ticket agent. Tickets for the new dates in London and Birmingham and all other shows are on sale now via genesis-music.com”
Genesis ‘The Last Domino?’ 2021 tour dates:
- Thursday 1 April Glasgow SSE Hydro
- Friday 2 April Glasgow SSE Hydro
- Monday 5 April Birmingham Utilita Arena
- Tuesday 6 April Birmingham Utilita Arena
- Wednesday 7 April Birmingham Utilita Arena – NEW DATE ADDED 🚨
- Friday 9 April Newcastle Utilita Arena
- Saturday 10 April Newcastle Utilita Arena
- Monday 12 April Manchester Manchester Arena
- Tuesday 13 April Manchester Manchester Arena
- Thursday 15 April Dublin 3Arena
- Friday 16 April Dublin 3Arena
- Sunday 18 April Belfast SSE Arena
- Wednesday 21 April Leeds First Direct Arena
- Thursday 22 April Leeds First Direct Arena
- Saturday 24 April Liverpool M&S Bank Arena
- Sunday 25 April Liverpool M&S Bank Arena
- Tuesday 27 April London The O2
- Thursday 29 April London The O2
- Friday 30 April London The O2 – NEW DATE ADDED 🚨
Possible Genesis 2021 Setlist
Since Genesis haven’t released any new songs after their reunion tour in 2007, the possible setlist of the band in this year’s tour will be similar. With many classics on the list like “Turn It On Again”, “Land of Confusion”, “Home by the Sea”, “Follow You Follow Me”, “Mama”, “Throwing It All Away”, “Invisible Touch” and “I Can’t Dance”.
About the setlist, Tony Banks said to BBC Radio 2 this year:
“There are songs that you feel you have to play because the audience would feel cheated if you didn’t. There are a few old dogs that won’t be running.”
In 2018, Phil said that a Genesis reunion would only be possible if his son, Nicholas Collins, could take the stage to help his father on the drums. Since due to an injury, Phil is unable to play the instrument alone during a whole show.
Mike Rutherford toured with Phil Collins in his solo shows last year with his band Mike and the Mechanics.