Legendary Guns N’ Roses bass player Duff McKagan was being interviewed by Chris Jericho for his podcast Talk is Jericho, which asked him if this reunion tour had plans to bring all the classical musicians – Axl Rose, Slash, Duff, Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler.
The musician said:
“Certainly, but things did happen that it was impossible to deal with. Not that we had not tried and with Steven it was nice to have him playing some songs with us. It’s a very long set, we need to train like professional athletes, I’m 55 and I work out like I’m 28 or 25. So this demands a lot from us, you have to be committed to the thing, you have to have the mentality of a fighter “.
Guns N’ Roses 2019 tour dates
- September 28 Louder Than Life Festival Louisville, US
- October 4 Austin City Limits Music Festival Austin, US
- October 11 Austin City Limits Music Festival Austin, US
- October 13 Exit 111 Festival Manchester, US
- October 18 Estadio Jalisco Guadalajara, MX
- October 20 Estadio Caliente Tijuana, MX
- October 25 Voodoo Music Festival New Orleans, US
Adler was fired from Guns N’ Roses over his heroin addiction in 1990, following which he reformed his old band Road Crew and briefly joined BulletBoys, which both proved unsuccessful. During the 2000s, Adler was the drummer of the band Adler’s Appetite, and from 2012, he had held the same position in the band Adler.
Following his departure from Guns N’ Roses, Stradlin fronted his own rock band Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds, before continuing to record as a solo artist. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of Guns N’ Roses in 2012.
See more News