Aerosmith’s guitarist Joe Perry announce new solo album
The legendary Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry announced a new solo album called “Sweetzerland Manifesto MKII”. It will be his fifth solo record, even though the band had released three albums in the 80s as The Joe Perry Project.
The new record will be out next May 26 and features six tracks that are alternate vocal appearances and mixes from his 2018 album “Sweetzerland Manifest”.
“We had so many songs and with everything going on with the Vampires, Aerosmith, COVID, not touring and touring, this music kept riding along for me. It was like the engine of a train that wasn’t going to stop.”
“I’d wanted to put these songs out, and the idea of adding them to a vinyl release or Deluxe Version turned into doing MKII. I tend to think in terms of albums. The first one had a vibe, and MKII is a little more rocked out. I almost prefer it. It’s one of those records I can play from front to back live,” Joe Perry said in an official statement.
The single “Fortunate One” is already available on all streaming platforms and has the Black Crowes vocalist Chris Robinson and Stone Temple Pilots bassist Robert DeLeo.
Hear the new Joe Perry song “Fortunate One”
“We started it in L.A., recorded it in London and Chris sang on it. And bang! Doesn’t get better than that! Really proud of this track,” Joe Perry said.
The record will also have special guests like the New York Dolls vocalist David johansen and Cheap Trick‘s Robin Zander.
“Sweetzerland Manifesto MKII” tracklist
- “Fortunate One” – Features Chris Robinson (The Black Crowes) and Robert DeLeo (Stone Temple Pilots)
- “Quake” – Features Gary Cherone (Extreme/Van Halen)
- “I’ll Do Happiness” – Features Terry Reid
- “Aye Aye Aye” – Featuring Robin Zander (Cheap Trick)
- “Man With a Golden Arm” – Instrumental
- “Time Will Tell”
- “I Wanna Roll” – Featuring David Johanson (New York Dolls)
- “Suck It Up” – Featuring Robin Zander (Cheap Trick) and Robert DeLeo (Stone Temple Pilots)
- “Goes His Own Way” – Featuring Terry Reid
- “Won’t Let Me Go” – Featuring Terry Reid